Learn how to enhance your website's appearance using CSS graphic design styles. Discover how to insert background images, create text and box shadows, apply color gradients, and more.
- [Patrick] Hi, I'm Patrick Carey. Welcome to the video course CSS: Enhancing Website Graphics. I've been a textbook author for 20 years, writing books on web programming and page design. CSS, also known as Cascading Style Sheets, is one of my favorite topics. If you're new to CSS, this video course will give you some tools to add visual interest to your website through the use of CSS graphical styles. I'll cover the basics such as background images and element borders.
But I'll also discuss some not-so-basic topics like border images, color gradients, and graphic filters. By completing this course, you will have taken the first steps in learning to effectively use CSS design styles in your web pages. Let's get started.
- Defining the element background
- Adding background color
- Inserting a background image
- Combining multiple backgrounds
- Creating borders
- Defining shadows
- Creating a text shadow
- Creating a box shadow
- Applying color gradients
- Formatting with filters
- Combining multiple filters