Learn how to build a responsive webpage from scratch using CSS and Sass. Explore how Sass works and how to analyze your workflow options, work with package managers, use features in Bourbon and Susy, and more.
- [Instructor] Hi my name is Carrie Dils, and I'm excited to bring you this course where we'll be using CSS and Sass, to build a responsive webpage from scratch. By the end of this course you'll be able to start incorporating Sass and other professional tools into your own development workflow. You'll also have some foundational knowledge you can use to continue expanding your knowledge of responsive CSS and Sass. We'll start by explaining what Sass is and how it works. From there, we'll set up a development workflow using tools like NPM and Grunt.
I'll also show you how to import Sass libraries into your project. Finally, we'll look at how to use specific features of Sass, Bourbon, and Susy, as we put it to practical use building a sample webpage. When you complete this course you'll be able to start working with Sass on your projects. Are you ready to get your learn on? Well saddle up your horses and let's hit the trail.
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.