Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Watching for automated tasks, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Voiceover] So NPM provides a lot of modules…that we can use to handle different types of tasks.…And a really useful one is called Watch.…It allows you to automate your workflow a little bit…by having Grunt monitor files and then execute tasks…when something in those files change.…So earlier, we already installed…this grunt-contrib-watch package and you can see that…there are a lot of options that you could add here.…And what you're going to be doing with this…is monitoring a folder full of files…and then doing something to them.…
Earlier, we installed the grunt-contrib-watch plugin…and you can see here that there's quite a lot of options…that you can use.…But what we're going to do here is monitor…a folder full of files, in this case our Sass files,…and then do something with them, in this case, compile them.…So let's go ahead and switch back to our code editor.…And adding this is going to look very similar…to what we did here with our Sass task.…I'm going to put a comma here since we're adding a new task.…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.