Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Using node.js npm with package.json, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] In order to use Grunt…to manage my work flow, I need to install Node.js,…which is a requirement to run Grunt.…Now first you can check to see if…you already have it installed.…So I'm on a Mac and using Terminal,…and I can just type in node minus v for version…and it tells me that I have version 6.9.5 already installed.…Now if you don't have it installed,…then you'll need to go to the Node.js website…and just click on the install link.…
It'll download an installer that you'll need…to go through in order to get this working on your machine.…If you need some additional help with this,…check out the Up and Running with Node.js course…that walks you through all you need to know about Node.js.…When you install Node you'll also get a package manager…called NPM, which stands for Node Package Manager.…NPM lets you install plug-ins for Node…into your system with a single command…and later on, we're going to use that to install Grunt.…We'll see it in action.…
NPM works with something called a package.json file.…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.