Join Laurie Burruss for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Creating a CSS Style Guide: Hands-On Training.
- View Offline
If you are a Premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library or if you…are watching this tutorial on a disc, you know how this works. You have access…to the exercise files used throughout the title, but with this series we are…doing things a little differently.…We are offering free support documentation to all members. In this title…we have Links and Resources. This document refers to any Resources or URL links…that we use throughout the title.…
The second document is a Project Overview, explaining the objectives, what you…will learn when you finish this project, and the reasons why we are doing this…project and how it connects to what is being practiced out in industry.…The third document is an actual step-by- step guide. Print this out at home and…you can follow along step-by- step with me as we do this project.…The fourth document is a quiz. Just a little fun document to test your…knowledge and to make sure that you understand the basic and most important…concepts we cover throughout this title.…
Download the exercise files from the Exercise Files tab.
- Planning a site from a blank file
- Creating and editing a style guide with just HTML
- Using the Property Inspector for text markup
- Inserting images, tables, and footers for a custom look
- Creating and editing an external CSS style sheet
- Building a custom color palette for a site
- Testing web pages in various browsers
- Styling tips for professional sites