Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] You have access to the same files that I'll be using here in this course. Simply follow the link on the main course page to download them. I'm showing them on my desktop but you can place them wherever it's convenient for you. Inside of the Exercise Files folder you'll notice a folder for each chapter of the course where I showed you code in Sublime Text. And inside of that, you'll find the individual files that I used. I've also provided some text documents that I used for copying and pasting bits of code.
The only difference between the files that I'm using in this course and these exercise files that I'm giving to you is that I've used Git version control on my files. And I'm going to show you how to do that in the course. If you choose to use Git though, you'll want your own version history, not mine. There's one other thing I want to note about working with the exercise files. Later in this course, I'm going to show you how to setup a Grunt workflow. This involves navigating to your project folder via command line and running several install commands. During the course, I'm working from a single project folder.
I'd encourage you to do the same using the exercise files merely as a reference point. While you're welcome to work in individual exercise files, due to the Grunt workflow we're using you'd need to run those install commands for every exercise folder. That's a bit tedious which is why I recommend working from a single project folder.
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.