Join Val Head for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Responsive Typography Techniques.
This course uses exercise files from many of the tutorials. All lynda.com members have access to these files. To use the exercise files, download the files from the library, and put them on your desktop. The exercise files folder contains file numbers for each chapter that requires them. If you're following along, use the start files, and at the end of each video, my final results will be reflected in the final folder. In all the example files, I use a reset.css file for a nice, neutral starting point. If you prefer a different method of doing this, feel free to substitute your method instead.
- Deciding between self-hosted and hosted web fonts
- Sizing your type with pixels, ems, and rems
- Applying and choosing a typographic scale
- Creating a font stack
- Maintaining line lengths
- Using media queries to set natural typographic break points
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Comparing and Choosing Web Fonts
2. Establishing Rhythm in Your Typographic System
3. Creating Type Prototype Pages
Establishing the font stack7m 32s
4. Setting Type for Readability Across Screen Sizes
5. Helpful Online Tools and Scripts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.