Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Using custom fonts, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- In this movie, I'd to show you how we can…spice up our page a bit with some custom fonts,…and to do that, we're going to go over here and use…these free Google fonts.…They've got a ton of fonts we can choose from…for our project.…I'm going to scroll down here and…I like this Playfair Display,…so I can click the add button here…and that adds it to a toolkit down here…where we've got instructions…for how to use this on our site.…Go ahead and minimize that for now.…
Now if I click on the Playfair Display font…to see all the details about the font,…down here at the bottom, we can actually see…some popular pairings for that font.…This is great news for those of use who aren't designers.…We can still pick out some great fonts to use for our site.…So I'm going to go ahead and just choose this…Raleway font right here.…I'll add that to my toolbox.…Now, Google gives us two ways to embed the font in our site…and I want to use this import.…
I'm going to copy that…and then I'm going to come back over to my styles.sess…and just put that up here with my other imports.…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.