Join Val Head for an in-depth discussion in this video Using challenges, part of Responsive Typography Techniques.
This course includes several videos called challenges. Challenges are quick activities that give you hands-on opportunity to practice what we've been talking about. I'll start each challenge by describing the core objectives for the activity, and if the challenge involves any sample files, I'll tell you where to find those too. I'll also give you a rough estimate of how much time it took me to complete the challenge. When you've completed a challenge, make sure to click on the matching solutions video. In each solution, I'll show you how I solved the challenge, and give you some of my thinking along the way.
Again, this is an opportunity to practice some of the things we talk about in the course. I hope you have fun with them.
- Deciding between self-hosted and hosted web fonts
- Sizing your type with pixels, ems, and rems
- Applying and choosing a typographic scale
- Creating a font stack
- Maintaining line lengths
- Using media queries to set natural typographic break points
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Comparing and Choosing Web Fonts
2. Establishing Rhythm in Your Typographic System
3. Creating Type Prototype Pages
Establishing the font stack7m 32s
4. Setting Type for Readability Across Screen Sizes
5. Helpful Online Tools and Scripts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.