- [Instructor] Modern browsers have built-in developer tools…that are incredibly helpful when building websites.…As you're learning CSS,…you'll find the inspection tool to be something of magic.…Let me show you what I mean.…So, here's I'm on the Bootstrap website,…and the website doesn't matter,…I just want to illustrate the tool.…I'm in a Chrome browser and if I right-click…anywhere in here, I'll get a pop-up menu,…and there's this inspect item.…I'm gonna go ahead and pull that up.…Now, one part of this inspection tool is actually…seeing the CSS and HTML markup behind the page.…
So on this left panel, I've got the HTML,…and as I roll over it, you can see it highlight…the corresponding part on the page.…And then on the right side, I have the corresponding styles.…So, for instance, if I wanted to see this main container…with this class of bs-docs-masthead,…I could go over here to the right in my CSS…and see all of the styles for that.…Here we can see the purple, the background color, etcetera.…Now, here's the really fun part.…
- What is CSS?
- Understanding how CSS works with HTML
- Applying fonts
- Understanding the classic box model
- Setting margins and padding
- Positioning elements
- Basic CSS layout concepts
- Media types and media queries
- Working with CSS frameworks and CSS grids
- Creating responsive layouts
- Tools that help you write and maintain CSS
Skill Level Beginner
1. CSS Basics
2. CSS Specifications
3. Common CSS Concepts
4. CSS Layouts
5. Working with CSS
6. Responsive CSS
7. Going Further with CSS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.