Join Laurie Burruss for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Modify Page Properties to create embedded styles, part of Creating a CSS Style Guide: Hands-On Training.
- View Offline
For Web designers styling the page is one of the most fun activities. This is…when your design skills can really be applied to what you are doing inside of…Web design and development. We have got the content structure, we have our…information designed well and now let's try to make the presentation as cool,…neat, readable, and interesting as possible. We can really use our design skills here.…We are going to learn how to create embedded styles in the head portion of the…Web page using the style tag. I do not recommend this method, as each…individual page must be edited in order to change or update your styles. Using…an external style sheet allows you to apply styles to a number of Web pages,…but only update the styles in one location, that external style sheet, and then…those styles will be applied throughout your website. An external style sheet…is linked in the head of a Web page with the link tag. Don't worry, more on…this later. Again use external style sheets as a best practice.…
A great place to start learning how to use embedded styles is with Page…
Download the exercise files from the Exercise Files tab.
- Planning a site from a blank file
- Creating and editing a style guide with just HTML
- Using the Property Inspector for text markup
- Inserting images, tables, and footers for a custom look
- Creating and editing an external CSS style sheet
- Building a custom color palette for a site
- Testing web pages in various browsers
- Styling tips for professional sites