Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Bower with bower.json, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] We've looked at NPM…and how it manages packages you specify in package.json.…In this video, I'd like to introduce you…to another package manager called Bower.…In concept, Bower functions very similar to NPM.…The key difference is that Bower is typically used…to manage front independencies.…There's a lot of overlap between NPM and Bower…in terms of what packages you can install.…For instance, you can install Grunt…with either of them or even Sass for that matter.…Just as we saw with workflow options,…there are seemingly endless options…when it comes to what package manger you use…for a particular package.…
Bower and NPM are certainly not…the only package managers out there.…They're the ones I've chosen to show you in this course,…but know that you can use whatever package managers…and packages best suit your project.…Funny enough, we actually need to use NPM…in order to install Bower,…so we use a package manager…to install another package manager.…I'll go ahead and copy this command here…and take that over to my command line.…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.