- Easing is one of those things I don't think…web designers talk about enough.…It's only one aspect of any given animation,…but the easing you choose has the power to greatly…effect the way your animation comes across.…So it's a really important factor.…By definition, easing is the way speed is distrbuted…across the duration of our animation.…In CSS, all easing is handled with…the Animation Timing Function Property.…And we have three options for defining…our animation timing functions.…We have our Predefined keywords,…we can make our own custom Cubic-bezier functions,…and there's Steps.…
While steps are certainly an option for this property,…they have their very own distinctive concept…which doesn't involve easing at all.…We'll be talking about them later…in their very own tutorial.…But there's still plenty of easing…to talk about with these first two options.…First we'll look closer at our Predefined keywords.…Our predefined keywords include ease, linear,…ease-in, ease-out, and ease-in-out.…These might sound a little repetitive,…
Web designer Val Head introduces CSS transforms and transitions—the foundation of most CSS animations—and shows how to keyframe simple animations and adjust their timing, fill, and direction. She also covers looping and chaining animations, animating HTML and SVG elements, and optimizing animation performance, and introduces the best tools and use cases for CSS animation. Start watching to get your brand in motion.
- Using CSS transforms and transitions
- Working with animation-delay and animation-fill-mode
- Timing and easing CSS animations
- Animating elements in place
- Animating sprite images
- Animating CSS transforms and transitions
- Chaining multiple animations
- Animating SVG images
- Creating high-performance CSS animations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of CSS Transitions and Transforms
2. Understanding CSS Animations
3. CSS Animation Building Blocks
4. Applying CSS Animations to SVG
5. Performance, Browser Support, and Fallbacks
6. Tools for Creating CSS Animations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.