Using a good text editor with useful features will help your web development workflow. This video goes over some options.
- [Instructor] At its most basic to create a website…all you need is a browser and a text editor.…Basic text editors like Notepad, or Text Edit,…come pre-installed on your computer.…You can use them, but they lack features…such as syntax highlighting, auto complete, and more.…Some popular options for front end development are,…Sublime Text, which is widely used, and a popular option.…Visual Studio Code is another popular option,…which is developed by Microsoft.…Adobe also has its own text editor called Brackets.…
And my personal favorite is Atom.…Created by Githhub.…I'll be using Atom for the remainder of this course.…You can use whichever editor you prefer to follow…along with the exercises.…Let's look at a basic html file in Atom.…One of the features I find most…useful is the syntax highlighting.…Which makes it easier to distinguish between…the html tags and the content.…For example the html tags are red,…and the content is black.…You'll also notice that there are different…colors for the attribute values and the attribute names.…
- Creating a CSS file
- Writing basic selectors
- Setting properties
- Using different typefaces and web-safe fonts
- Understanding cascading and inheritance
- Setting a font family, font size, text color, and more
- Understanding the box model
- Using the float property
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. CSS Core
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.