- So now we're ready to add some CSS rules…for the How To section, however the challenge here…is going to be the fact that we already have image tags…in our HTML, so we could simply just use…the image tags here and let those print in color.…So that's one option you could certainly use.…The other option, which I'll show you,…is how we can turn off the image tags…and then reinject our print version of the graphics…into those containers.…So back in our CSS file.…Let's come down here and let's target section.how-to.…
So first we're going to target the section.how-to.…And what I want to do is put a padding 50 pixels…on the top and put a top border,…just like we did with the atmosphere section.…So I'll come up here under section.atmosphere…and I'm going to copy padding-top and border-top,…come down and paste those for the section.how-to.…And then next we're going to target the aside elements,…and we're going to set those to float.…So section.how-to, space, aside.…
We're going to set a width of 25% for these,…then we'll set a float property,…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.