- So, now we're going to set some…styles for the list items and the anchor tags,…and we'll also set pseudo classes for hover for H as well.…So, back in our CSS file after our nav space ul…let's hit a few lines.…We're first going to target the anchor tags.…So, we'll tag nav space ul space li space a.…Inside of here what we're going to do…is redefine how these anchor tags are behaving.…So, we're going to come in and first…set a display type of inLine-block.…
This will make these behave a little bit more…like graphics rather than inLine elements.…Next line we're going to set color.…We're going to set that to white.…Next we'll set the padding 10px on the top and bottom.…20px on the right and left.…Next we'll set text-decoration.…We're going to set this to none.…This will remove the underlines.…Now we're going to set a width of 125px.…
Setting a width on these individual anchor tags…when they have a display type set to inLine-block…will allow us to define the width of the submenus.…So, when somebody rolls over these,…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.