- Now we're going to bring our logo,…the logo SVG into our layout by assigning it…to be the background of the anchor tag we added…earlier inside of the heading area.…And this is the main link for the site.…So we're going to start by typing header,…then a space, what this allows us to do is…target only items inside of the header.…We're going to target a.logo.…So this will target the anchor tag with a class of logo.…If we go back to the HTML file,…we'll see that this is right here,…here's the anchor tag and here's logo,…inside of the header element.…
Now the first thing we're gonna do is…we're gonna set position of this to absolute.…This way when we assign positioning poroperties…it will position in relation to this header element…because of the position relative on the parent.…So after position absolute,…we're gonna set a display type to block,…by default anchor tags have what's called an inline…style,…which means they don't have any dimensions,…they will basically stretch to their width.…This is because typically anchor links are text…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.