Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Styling the how-to section blockquote element, part of Creating a Responsive Web Design.
- Now that we have the two side elements styled inside…of the how-to section,…we're going to work on the blockquote now.…Let's go back to our CSS file.…Going to scroll up here a little bit.…We're still inside of the section.how-to.…Let's add a line.…I'm going to come up here and copy…the section.how-to rule name.…Let's space paste that here, then a space.…Now we'll target the blockquote, put in our brackets.…If I go back to the HTML file,…we are targeting this item here, this blockquote,…inside of the section or the class of how-to.…
Let's go back to our CSS.…Also going to split this on a few lines,…just because we're going to add a few properties here.…The first property we're going to set Is margin.…We're going to set this to zero on all four sides.…Next we're going to set a width.…We're going to set this to 32%.…Next we'll set the color of the type.…# and a 4 for red, green, and blue,…so that we get a medium dark grey.…Next line we're going to set the background color.…
We're going to set this to white; # and three F's,…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 50s Beginner
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Presentation in HTML5with Justin Putney1h 25m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.