- Now we're going to style the How To section,…and the How To section has a few types of elements inside.…If we go back to the HTML file and scroll down,…inside of How To we have two asides,…which we're going to float…like we did inside of the section.main.…And we also have a blockquote property,…which we're going to position with absolute positioning.…So first we're going to style these two elements,…and then next, we'll target the blockquote.…So let's go back to our CSS.…
Let's come in here and add a few returns.…Let's add another comment.…We'll call this "Section - How To."…And the first thing we're going to do…is we're going to target section.how-to.…Then a space.…So targeting that main section element.…We're going to set background-color.…We're going to set this to that light tan,…so we'll use hexadecimal, so #.…Two e's for red,…e9 for green,…and d9 for blue.…
Then a space.…And then we'll set a position property of relative.…So we're going to set relative here…because we are going to absolute position…items inside of here.…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.