- Now we're going to add some CSS rules…to style the elements inside of the header area.…So in our CSS file, let's hit a few Returns.…I'll add another CSS comment here.…Call this Header.…Then the first item we're going to target…is going to be the header element,…so I'll type header,…put in our brackets.…Now the first property we're going to set…is going to be a height,…so I'll set height to 430px.…Then a space,…next we'll set background properties.…We use shorthand style for this,…so the first property is going to be the background color,…then the image, then the repeat properties,…and then the positioning properties.…
So for the color, we're going to use a dark red,…so that's going to be #cf for red,…00 for green,…04 for blue,…then a space, url().…We're going to point to the banner_1200.jpg file.…So ../ to come out of the CSS directory…because our CSS file up here…is inside of a folder called CSS.…So ../ brings us out to the root,…then back into images/…then banner_1200.jpg.…
Then outside of the parentheses,…we're going to set the repeat property,…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.