Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Styling the footer, part of Creating a Responsive Web Design.
- So now we're going to style the footer area,…and there's one extra element…we're going to add to the footer,…and that's going to be a QR code.…So, using a pseudo-element, just like we've been…throughout this whole chapter,…we're going to inject a QR code,…align it to the left hand side of the footer,…and then add our website's URL…so that users will be able to…find their way back to the website.…So back in our CSS file,…we're going to target the main footer element.…Put in our brackets.…And just like the how-to and atmosphere sections,…I want to add a border here, just to separate…this from the other sections.…
So we'll type border-top…We're going to set this to one pixel…solid style…#ccc for a medium gray.…Then a space.…Next we're going to set position relative.…This way we can position the QR code inside of this element.…Essence to QR code has a specific height.…We're going to come in here and add a minimum height.…We're going to set this to 200 pixels.…That way if there's not enough content in the footer,…the footer will still be tall enough…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.