Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Styling default HTML styles, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I'd like to show you…some ways that we can begin to…incorporate Bourbon mix ins in our site.…Now, here I am on the Bourbon documentation, here,…and on the left side, they've got…all the available mix ins to use,…and then, on the right side, they have…the instructions for how to use them.…And you'll notice that quite a few of these…have a line marked through them,…and what that means is that that mix in…is going to be deprecated in a future version of Bourbon.…A lot of these mix ins have to do with layout,…and those are all going to be moved over to Neat.…
And some of these are just outdated,…so they're going away completely.…So, while they are still currently available for use,…I would not recommend using ones…that have been marked for deprecation.…So, where I'd like to start using Bourbon…is to help build out a form.…And I'm going to use this text inputs mix in.…Now, in CSS, if you wanted to style…every single type of input that there is,…and here you can see a list of all that there are.…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.