- Now that we have our section main complete,…we're going to start to style the section for atmosphere.…So back to our CSS,…let's hit a few Returns.…I'll add another CSS comment for section atmosphere.…So the first row we're going to create,…we'll type section.atmosphere,…put in our brackets.…We're going to set a background-color here.…We're going to set a background-color,…this is going to be the orange color.…So we use hexadecimal, #CC for red,…66 for green, 33 for blue;space.…
Next, we're going to set padding-top,…we're going to set this to 30 pixels.…Next, we'll set padding-bottom,…we'll set this to 30 pixels as well.…So that we have a consistent color fill…above and below the content.…And then finally let's set color to #fff for white.…Let's go test this in a browser.…Now we can see our orange color.…We can also see the anchor tag…with the classic btn…and notice I can hover over this…and I get an animation…back to that 30% black background color.…
Just like what we have up in the header.…Okay, so now let's bring in our background image.…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.