Join Laurie Burruss for an in-depth discussion in this video Style sheet final review, part of Creating a CSS Style Guide: Hands-On Training.
- View Offline
Now, we have a finished CSS style guide that we can use for ourselves, use in…our portfolio, or share with our entire design team. Let's just take a look at…some of the things that we have learned.…We've learned how to create an XHTML document with proper structure and correct…formatting and semantic markup. We've learned how to create external style…sheets that link to the head of our main document. We have learned some of the…essential HTML tags that we use consistently throughout website design.…
How to insert an image, how to create a simple text navigation bar and create active…and interactive links. How to insert, styles, format our headers. How to style…and design our paragraph or body text. We also learned how to create three…types of lists, the unordered list, the ordered list and the definition list.…And we learned the power of using the O'Reilly reference tools.…We learned one of the most interesting tags that we can use: the blockquote…that's used frequently, but not available in Property Inspector. We generated a…
Download the exercise files from the Exercise Files tab.
- Planning a site from a blank file
- Creating and editing a style guide with just HTML
- Using the Property Inspector for text markup
- Inserting images, tables, and footers for a custom look
- Creating and editing an external CSS style sheet
- Building a custom color palette for a site
- Testing web pages in various browsers
- Styling tips for professional sites