- Now we're going to to optimize our web page…for printing.…Now, just like before, I don't want…to add any HTML into our page.…So, everything that we're going to be doing…that will optimize or make our design respond…for the printed page, we're going to be doing with CSS.…Now, when we first hooked in our screen.css file,…we set a media attribute of screen.…So, in a browser, if I come down to the file menu…and choose Print, you'll see that none of the styles…are going to be picked up.…Let's hit Cancel here, let's go back to our text editor.…Let's go into our HTML file, and just so we can see…what would happen if we used our screens.css file…for printing, let's come in here and find the…media attribute, this is set to screen,…let's change this to the word all,…you can also delete this altogether,…and then the screen.css would be used for…all media types as well.…
So with that change, let's go back to the browser,…we'll hit Reload, we'll come down to the Print…dialogue box, and now we'll see that the CSS rules…are now being used for print as well.…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.