Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution, part of Introduction to CSS.
- [Instructor] So your challenge was…to take this HTML document on the left…and apply some styles that would make all the text gray,…the text specifically within the content area,…purple and the header to have a black background.…Let me show you how I did it.…Starting with the challenge html file…that you have in your exercise files,…I went up here between the style tags…and the first thing I wanted to do was set…all the text on the page to gray.…Now the easiest way to do that working with inheritance…is just set that color to gray at a body level.…
That means that everything underneath that…will inherit that color gray unless I overwrite it.…So all the text is going to be gray unless…I override the color which is exactly what I do…with this paragraph that falls within the content area.…So I'm going to use the class of content,…open my curly braces and I only want…that color purple to apply to the paragraph text.…So I'm going to put that p there.…And then on line 11 I'm going to come down…and say color is set to purple.…
- What is CSS?
- Understanding how CSS works with HTML
- Applying fonts
- Understanding the classic box model
- Setting margins and padding
- Positioning elements
- Basic CSS layout concepts
- Media types and media queries
- Working with CSS frameworks and CSS grids
- Creating responsive layouts
- Tools that help you write and maintain CSS
Skill Level Beginner
CSS Essential Training 2 (2017)with Christina Truong2h 21m Beginner
CSS Essential Training 1 (2017)with Christina Truong2h 36m Beginner
1. CSS Basics
2. CSS Specifications
3. Common CSS Concepts
4. CSS Layouts
5. Working with CSS
6. Responsive CSS
7. Going Further with CSS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.