Join James Williamson for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Writing efficient selectors, part of CSS: Selectors.
- I hope that everyone had a great time…going through the challenge on writing efficient selectors,…and that I didn't confuse you too much.…Now I'm gonna go through my finished files,…and show you how I completed the steps,…and as I do, compare your styles to mine,…and how my approach to writing efficient selectors…might be a little different from yours.…And again, there's nothing really wrong with that,…unless your approach leads to less efficient selectors.…Okay, so currently in the browser I'm looking at…the efficient.htm, which is still found…in the 07_04 directory, only the files I'm gonna be working…with now, are found in the Finished FIles subdirectory.…
Now the only visual difference between…the styles that I wrote and the styles that we had before,…is each one of these sections now has…a little order that separates each one of them,…which is nice, except for the last one.…And my quote now has quotation marks around it,…which makes it look like a little bit nicer of a quote.…But everything else really had to deal with…
- Targeting classes and IDs
- Working with group selectors
- Targeting element attributes
- String matching
- Targeting links with pseudo-class selectors
- Targeting child elements and empty elements
- Targeting parent, child, and sibling elements
- Matching patterns
- Writing efficient selectors
Skill Level Intermediate
CSS: Advanced Typographic Techniqueswith James Williamson3h 14m Intermediate
HTML5: Graphics and Animation with Canvaswith Joe Marini3h 7m Intermediate
1. Basic Selectors
2. Attribute Selectors
3. User Action Pseudo-Class Selectors
4. Structural Selectors
6. Matching Patterns
7. Writing Efficient Selectors
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.