Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Sidebar: Walkthrough of the Gulp setup, part of Developing for Performance: HTTP/2.
- [Narrator] At this stage in the course,…we'll start automating the optimization…of our project using command lines tools.…So I'm taking this short sidebar…to show you how everything is wired up…as we get started.…In the exercise files for this…and many of the following movies,…you'll find the same files I'm working with.…Though this is more of a high level course,…teaching you concept, you can play along if you want.…To do so you need to install the various NPM packages used…in the project.…They're all defined inside package dot Json…and you'll notice as we progress through the rest…of the course, I'll add more packages to the project.…
These packages are not shipped with the exercise files…because, quite frankly, they're way too big to ship.…I'll be using Gulp as my task runner for this project.…If you're unfamiliar with Gulp or NPM…or task runners in general,…I suggest you check out Ray Villalobos' two courses,…"PostCSS: First Look"…and "Up and Running with NPM, the Node Package Manager"…before continuing.…
- What is website optimization?
- Understanding how browsers render content
- Measuring performance
- Optimizing images
- Optimizing code
- Compressing data with GZIP
- Optimizing file caching
- Leveraging CDNs
Skill Level Advanced
Designing Websites for Performancewith Brian Wood43m 32s Appropriate for all
1. Web Performance: An Introduction
Plan of attack1m 52s
2. Web Performance Visualized
3. Optimizing Images
4. Markup and Content
5. Optimizing Delivery
6. The End
Thank you2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.