- So now, we're going to hide those sub-menus…and then show them when somebody hovers over…those top level list items.…So, back to the CSS, let's find our…navigation section of our CSS document,…let's scroll down, I'm going to come down here…to before the top level rules.…We want to keep the top level rules after…all of these other contents, just in case…any of these rules aren't quite as specific…as any of the rules down here,…since they'll be defined after all of the other…nav elements, they will still take precedence…in the browser.…
So, down here, after nav ul li,…let's define unordered lists, which are inside of…other unordered lists.…So, I'll type nav ul ul.…Put in our brackets, we're going to set…position to absolute, we're going to set a…top property of 100%.…And then we're gonna set a background color,…which is going to be the color of the submenus,…#2b0306:…So that's going to be that same dark red color.…
Now, the reason we want to position…the nested unordered list, is because…we want to make sure that this item will…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.