Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a three-column row, part of Creating a Responsive Web Design.
- Now we're going to style the content inside of the section…with the class of "main," which is these three items here:…"What's trending," "Where to find it," and…"Tools of the trade."…These also have the SPG graphics above them.…So let's go back to our CSS file.…Let's scroll down.…Let's add another CSS comment here.…We'll call this section, Main.…Now we're going to copy and paste this up here because…we're going to have the section All as well.…So we'll define some properties that will be used by…all sections, and then some properties that will be used…by just the Main section.…
So, let's start under section All.…Let's come in here and let's target the section element,…put in our brackets, and we're going to set a…padding property.…We're going to set zero on the top and bottom,…then a space, and then 30 pixels on the right and left.…This way, any content we put inside of any one…of the sections won't touch the edge of the page element.…There'll be 30 pixels on the right and left.…Now, after section Main,…let's hit a few returns,…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Creating a Responsive Presentation in HTML5with Justin Putney1h 24m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.