Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Susy's defaults, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] Susy is a toolkit…for creating responsive layouts.…I call it a toolkit because…it's not really a grid framework,…so much as a set of tools you can use…to create, really, whatever layout you want,…whether it's an actual grid or something…a little more funky.…We can use Susy mix-ins directly in our Sass…to control the layout from within our Sass files.…One of the things I really like about Susy…is that it helps you create layouts…without having to add a lot of additional markup…to your HTML files…and that's one of the problems…with a framework like Bootstrap.…
For instance, this example, here,…from their grid system.…We can see that they've got these div classes of rows…and then each div within that has to have a column class…in order to achieve a specific layout.…And ultimately, in addition to adding a lot of markup…to your HTML, it's not very efficient…because, if you ever want to go back and change that layout…you have to modify your HTML.…You can't do it from solely within your Sass files…which you can do with Susy.…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.