After answering a couple audience questions, Rachel introduces sequencing or “animation stacking”. Sequencing is the process of putting a delay on the second animation so it won’t run until after the first animation is completed.
- [Woman] The question is from Kevin, and it is…instead of using tuna clones,…what would be the context you would recommend tuna…being singular and having scroller switch…to a different background?…- So, the issue with tuna…is that tuna in the instance back there,…you saw that tuna was actually composed…of three different tunas.…There was the line work, there was black tuna…that blotted out a glowing layer as well…so three tunas,…the line work, the glow and the blackness.…
Now,…could you have made that a single element,…and had scroller change that into tuna?…The issue is that you need those three elements.…I can't actually think of a way…that I could do it with only two…without having maybe say a pseudo class…with a background image of the grinning tuna,…and then the regular element of the black tuna,…and then using scroller to animate the opacity of…well, you can't use scroller on pseudo elements,…so you can't.…
Pseudo elements are a CSS only thing.…So,…you can't change the background position…on a single element with scroller…
Note: This course was created by Frontend Masters. It was originally released on 09/15/2016. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- CSS transitions and animations
- Using animation in product design
- Creating a sprite animation with CSS
- Stateful transitions and supplemental animations
- Using developer tools to manipulate animations
- Jump cuts and in-betweening
- Static vs. dynamic animations
- Designing performant animations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: CSS Animated Rolloverswith Chris Converse29m 46s Beginner
Design the Web: SVG Rollovers with CSSwith Chris Converse23m 47s Beginner
1. CSS Transitions
2. CSS Animations
3. Animation in Design
4. Stateful Animations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.