Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Scaffolding the header and footer, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at this index.html file.…I went ahead and removed the sample text,…the h1 tag, and the p tag.…So there's nothing left here…except the call to our style sheet and our scripts.…So, as a matter of fact,…if we head over to finder,…look for that file,…and open it up in a browser,…we can see that absolutely nothing is there.…Now, we can view source and see that actually,…something is there.…It's the code that we've already written.…But there's nothing that's actually rendering…out on the screen.…So, let's change that.…
I'm going to start by marking up the outline…for our header and our footer.…But before I do that,…I'm going to start with a div…and give it a class of "site-container".…And all of our HTML…is actually going to go inside of this div.…That way,…if I want to style all the contents of the page…without styling the body,…I can just use this site-container class.…HTML, like any other kind of code,…can get kind of hairy the longer it gets,…so we're going to go ahead…and add a comment in here…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.