Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Running a function with the jQuery document ready function, part of Creating a Responsive Homepage Marquee.
Another set of parentheses, another set of brackets Split this open. And now, inside of the ready(function), we need to run the marqueeGatherData. So, let's come down here. Select and copy that name. Paste it inside of the ready function. Add our parentheses, then a ;. Now, in order to make sure that this is actually running and that we're getting proper data, let's go into the marqueeGatherData, Let's hit a return and inside of the each(function), let's run an alert, and let's send the panel_image_l variable.
And then, up here, we're running that function. So, now we'll come down here and remove the alert. So, now that we have an indication that our panel data is properly being read and saved, next we're gonna write another function and we're gonna measure the screen size.
- Creating SEO-friendly markup for the marquee data
- Adding and populating an HTML debug area
- Creating a marquee timer
- Injecting HTML markup
- Creating navigation buttons
- Halting animations based on user interaction
- Loading and cross-fading content
- Styling the marquee with CSS
- Using media queries for more precise responsiveness