- Deciding between self-hosted and hosted web fonts
- Sizing your type with pixels, ems, and rems
- Applying and choosing a typographic scale
- Creating a font stack
- Maintaining line lengths
- Using media queries to set natural typographic break points
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hello and welcome to Responsive Typography Techniques. I'm Val Head, freelance designer, speaker, and author. In this course, you'll learn how to create typography that's both beautiful, functional, and created with the demands of responsive behaviors in mind. We'll look at things like how to pick quality web fonts and how your font choices affect overall site performance, also how to use media queries and type tweak points to keep your line lengths comfortable to read. We'll cover building bulletproof font stacks to keep your type looking great across all devices.
I'll also show you the best methods for sizing your type for maximum flexibility and how to use modular scales for a strong foundation for your typography. So let's get started.
1. Comparing and Choosing Web Fonts
2. Establishing Rhythm in Your Typographic System
3. Creating Type Prototype Pages
Establishing the font stack7m 32s
4. Setting Type for Readability Across Screen Sizes
5. Helpful Online Tools and Scripts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.