- View Offline
- Deciding between self-hosted and hosted web fonts
- Sizing your type with pixels, ems, and rems
- Applying and choosing a typographic scale
- Creating a font stack
- Maintaining line lengths
- Using media queries to set natural typographic break points
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hello and welcome to Responsive Typography Techniques. I'm Val Head, freelance designer, speaker, and author. In this course, you'll learn how to create typography that's both beautiful, functional, and created with the demands of responsive behaviors in mind. We'll look at things like how to pick quality web fonts and how your font choices affect overall site performance, also how to use media queries and type tweak points to keep your line lengths comfortable to read. We'll cover building bulletproof font stacks to keep your type looking great across all devices.
I'll also show you the best methods for sizing your type for maximum flexibility and how to use modular scales for a strong foundation for your typography. So let's get started.