CSS reset stylesheet has often been used to work around the issue of default browser inconsistencies. In this video, compare two popular options.
- [Narrator] Every browser has…it's own default CSS style sheet.…Which may result in some inconsistencies.…A CSS reset style sheet has often been…used to work around this issue.…It's a pre written set of CSS rules…that override the browser default styles,…to a consistent, unstyled baseline.…Resets can be useful, because…you're starting with a clean slate.…Normalize is another option for standardizing styles.…The main difference here is rather than removing the styles,…the CSS is added to make the base styles…more consistent across browsers.…
Similar to the Border Box fix and the Clear Fix Hack,…these resets have been created…by different people in the developer community.…A popular option is the Eric Meyers Reset.…Let's take a closer look at it.…This first big block is selecting…all of these different elements,…and removing all the defaults styles…such as padding, and margin.…This is what default HTML looks like.…And this is what it looks like…when the CSS reset has been applied to it.…
As you can see, a lot of the spacing…
- Reviewing CSS syntax
- Reviewing simple selectors and attribute selectors
- Using pseudo-class selectors and pseudo-element selectors
- Reviewing the CSS box model
- Adding a menu to your project
- Using float, display, and position
- Debugging CSS
- Resetting stylesheets
- Working with background images
- Exploring a mobile-first approach for responsive web design
- Creating flexible and fluid layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Building Responsive Forms with Flexboxwith James Williamson1h 20m Intermediate
1. CSS Selectors
3. Tips and Tools
4. Responsive and Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.