Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Rearranging the main and atmosphere sections, part of Creating a Responsive Web Design.
- So now we're going to need to make some changes…to the main section…because having three columns is going to get…much more difficult as our browser width gets smaller.…So if I come in here…and decrease the browser width,…it starts to get more difficult to read these columns.…So what we're going to do is…target the aside elements inside of section main…and rearrange these to stack vertically.…We'll also make a few adjustments…to the atmosphere section as well.…So let's go back to our CSS.…We're still inside of the media query for 625.…
Let's come in here.…Let's add a CSS comment.…We'll call this section main.…Then the first rule,…we're going to type section.main space aside.…We're going to target the aside element.…I'll just space some of this out a little bit.…So for each aside, we're going to come in here…and change the width property.…We're going to change the width to 100%.…We're going to go into the float property…and we're going to set this to none.…So now these items won't float.…
They'll now stack in their regular order…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 50s Beginner
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
HTML5 Projects: Creating a Responsive Presentationwith Justin Putney1h 25m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.