- Now we're going to work on rearranging…content inside of the section how-to.…And what we're going to do here,…is we're going to comment out some of the content…in the top of the HTML document,…because it can get a little difficult…to work on items that are lower down in the page…when content above keeps shifting around.…So back in our text editor,…let's go into our HTML file.…Let's scroll up to the top.…Let's find our section "main"…and let's add an HTML comment here.…
So above this section element,…let's start with a "less than" sign, exclamation point,…and two hyphens.…This creates an HTML comment.…And I want to comment out the section "main"…and the section "atmosphere".…So after the ending section for…the section with a class of "atmosphere",…let's come in here and end the comment.…So two hyphens, and then a "greater than" sign.…And now back in the browser, hit reload.…And now we only see the section how-to…in the footer, after the main header.…
So now we can simply work on this section…without having to scroll up and down.…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.