Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Plan of attack, part of HTTP/2: Developing for Performance.
- [Instructor] I've structured this course…to fall in line with a logical order…of how a site is built.…This way each step brings us closer to the final product.…In the exercise files you'll find the site…I'll be working with,…and you can follow along on your own computer…to get the full experience.…Be advised, I'll use the Command Line Task Runner Gulp,…as well as a Node Package Manager extensively…throughout the course.…So if you're unfamiliar with these tools,…I recommend checking out Ray Villalobo's courses,…PostCSS: First Look, and Up and Running with NPM:…The Node Package Manager.…
Here's how the course breaks down.…In Chapter Two, we'll take a closer look at…How browsers render content,…what HTTP/2 is, different tools…for measuring site performance,…and discuss the concept of performance budgets.…In Chapter Three, we'll take a deep dive…into optimizing graphics, images and fonts…for performance, and I'll introduce you…to tools and techniques to automate this process…as much as possible.…In Chapter Four, we'll focus on optimizing code,…
- What is website optimization?
- Understanding how browsers render content
- Measuring performance
- Optimizing images
- Optimizing code
- Compressing data with GZIP
- Optimizing file caching
- Leveraging CDNs
Skill Level Advanced
Designing Websites for Performancewith Brian Wood43m 32s Appropriate for all
1. Web Performance: An Introduction
Plan of attack1m 52s
2. Web Performance Visualized
3. Optimizing Images
4. Markup and Content
5. Optimizing Delivery
6. The End
Thank you2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.