Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Making your CSS more semantic, part of Responsive CSS with Sass and Compass.
Now that we have some base styles, let's go ahead and do some work on our modules.…Modules are where you place components or sections that you create in your markups.…So for example if I go to the HTML page, you can see that I have a section…here called speakers, and inside that I have a…bunch of articles for each one of the artists.…Now if I want to control the look and feel of that it's…not exactly a base CSS, it's just sort of a little piece…of the CSS.…And it's not necessarily a layout because it…doesn't have to do with layout of the page.…
Need a refresher on Sass? Check out CSS with LESS and Sass with Joe Marini.
- What are Sass and Compass?
- Adding version control
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt.js
- Modularizing your Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Compass mixins
- Creating a mobile-first layout
- Creating media-query breakpoints with Susy
- Designing a responsive grid with Susy