- The next break point that we're going to need…for this particular design is going to be…at about 760 pixels.…Let's go back to our CSS file.…Let's come up here and copy…the media query for 825.…Let's come down here and pace this after.…Let's change the max width to 760px.…First, we'll make some changes to…all of our heading tags.…First, we'll target the h1 tag.…We're going to set font size to 1.8em.…
Then, we'll duplicate this two more times.…We'll change the h1 to an h2 on the second line.…We'll make that 1.4em.…On the third one, we'll change this to h3,…and we'll set these to 1.1em.…On the next line, let's target the anchor tag…with a class of btn…and we're going to set the font size here to 1em.…Next, we'll make a few adjustments to the header.…
I'll copy this comment,…add a few lines, paste it.…Then, we're going to target the logo…inside of the header.…So, header a.logo and put in our brackets.…We're going to change the width of this.…So, we're going to set a width of 145px.…Then, we're going to set a height of 60px.…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.