Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Maintaining CSS with version control, part of Introduction to CSS.
- [Instructor] Inevitably, there will come a point…in your coding career, if it hasn't already happened,…that you delete or otherwise misplace some bit of code.…It's a sickening feeling to lose code…that you've spent a lot of time on.…Well, there's a fix for that, and it's called…Version Control.…Version Control is a repository for your code…that lets you save snapshots of your code…at different points in time.…This is invaluable, as it let's you see…the progression of your code,…but also provides a way for you…to go back in time and grab some code…should something catastrophic happen…to the current version that you're working with.…
There are some different Version Control systems,…but git is by and far the most popular.…Now, using git can scare away new developers…because it does involve using the command line…at least to install it,…but it's really not that difficult to get the hang of…and there are some visual tools that will let you manage git…if you don't want to hang around the command line.…Depending on where you are in your coding journey…
- What is CSS?
- Understanding how CSS works with HTML
- Applying fonts
- Understanding the classic box model
- Setting margins and padding
- Positioning elements
- Basic CSS layout concepts
- Media types and media queries
- Working with CSS frameworks and CSS grids
- Creating responsive layouts
- Tools that help you write and maintain CSS
Skill Level Beginner
1. CSS Basics
2. CSS Specifications
3. Common CSS Concepts
4. CSS Layouts
5. Working with CSS
6. Responsive CSS
7. Going Further with CSS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.