- So now we're going to style our main section.…So back to our CSS file, after the header rules…Let's come in here, let's first create a rule…that will target all of the sections.…We're going to come in here and set a margin bottom…of 50 pixels.…And then we're also going to set a pseudo element…to clear all of the floats.…We're still going to be floating some individual elements…here to create columns for the print version…and we'll want to clear these floats as well.…Again, just like we did earlier in the course.…So after section two colons then type after,…Put in our brackets.…
We'll type content.…Two tick marks and a semi-colon.…So we're going to leave the content blank.…We'll set a display type of block.…And a clear property of both.…So now with those changes made to all sections,…now we'll target section main.…So we'll type section.main.…Put in our brackets.…We're going to set margin top to 20 pixels.…We're going to set margin bottom to 30 pixels.…
Next, we'll target the asides inside of section main.…So we'll copy that rule, paste it.…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.