- Now to begin developing our CSS rules for print,…what we're going to do is we're going to hook in…our print.css stylesheet and then we're going to…comment out our screenstyles.css, just so we…can gauge our progress by looking at this in the browser.…So back in our HTML file, earlier we changed media…type to all, let's set this back to screen.…Then let's duplicate that line.…Let's come in here and change screen.css to print.css…Then let's temporarily set media equal to all…for the print.css file.…
Then we'll come up here and let's…comment out our screen.css file.…So before the link tag, less than sign, exclamation point,…two hyphens, then after the link tag hit a space,…two hyphens, and then a greater than sign.…So while this is commented out, the browser will not…see our screen.css file, and now we can use the…print style to see what's happening inside of the browser.…And then when we're done, we'll set this back to media…equals print and uncomment media equals screen.…
And now with our print.css file hooked in,…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.