- [Instructor] Responsive design…is a way of building websites that detect…the visitor's screen size and orientation,…and then change the layout and content accordingly.…The cool thing about this is,…you don't need a separate mobile app,…you can use the exact same content…and codebase of your website,…you just format it differently and more appropriately…based on the device size it's being viewed on.…So you might ask, "Why do we need responsive web design?"…Well, these days, we're not limited…to just accessing the internet from our desktop.…We've truly gone mobile.…
In fact, you probably have a smartphone or tablet…within arm's reach.…You may even be viewing this course on a mobile device.…The bottom line is, the way people visit…and interact with the web has changed significantly…in recent years.…In the past, web development was focused…mainly on desktop computers and large monitors.…But now we need to consider mobile devices…and smaller screens when building websites.…In 2010, Ethan Marcotte introduced the term…
- What is CSS?
- Understanding how CSS works with HTML
- Applying fonts
- Understanding the classic box model
- Setting margins and padding
- Positioning elements
- Basic CSS layout concepts
- Media types and media queries
- Working with CSS frameworks and CSS grids
- Creating responsive layouts
- Tools that help you write and maintain CSS
Skill Level Beginner
1. CSS Basics
2. CSS Specifications
3. Common CSS Concepts
4. CSS Layouts
5. Working with CSS
6. Responsive CSS
7. Going Further with CSS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.