- What is CSS?
- Understanding how CSS works with HTML
- Applying fonts
- Understanding the classic box model
- Setting margins and padding
- Positioning elements
- Basic CSS layout concepts
- Media types and media queries
- Working with CSS frameworks and CSS grids
- Creating responsive layouts
- Tools that help you write and maintain CSS
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Howdy, my name is Carrie Dils and this course is your introduction to CSS. In this course we'll start with the basics of how CSS works with HTML and with browsers. I'll also share some context on the roots of CSS as a language and how it's continually evolving to give us even more control over the presentation of web pages. Then we'll take a look at some of the most common ways you'll see CSS used, and after that we'll cover the essentials of creating web page layouts with CSS. I'll even share some pro tips for working with CSS in a development project.
Finally, I'll introduce you to the concepts of responsive web design, a mobile first approach, and how you can use media queries to tailor web content for various device sizes. If you're a web designer or have thought about becoming a front end web developer then learning CSS is a must, and it just so happens that you're already in the right spot to do it. So saddle up your horses and let's hit the trail.
1. CSS Basics
2. CSS Specifications
3. Common CSS Concepts
4. CSS Layouts
5. Working with CSS
6. Responsive CSS
7. Going Further with CSS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.