Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Interacting with data through HTML forms, part of Working with Data on the Web.
Including frameworks like jQuery to write to a file.…For that, you'll need to use a server side…tech like PHP, .NET, or the old standby CGI.…It's beyond the scope of this course to go into the details of exactly how it's done.…But I found…that many beginning web designers are under the impression…that a form by itself can handle these chores.…It cannot.…Next, you'll want to be aware of security concerns.…Unfortunately, there are many bad actors out…there who are willing and, indeed, eager…to take advantage of the inherent openness of forum text fields and text areas.…
- Interacting with data through HTML forms
- Storing data as comma-separated values
- Saving, retrieving, and displaying data as XML
- Setting up and updating JSON data
- Creating a YAML data file
- Using HTML5 data storage solutions