Learn how to integrate stylelint into a Gulp process.
- [Instructor] Depending on the task runner solution…you're using there will likely be a custom stylelint…version.…And since I'm using gulp there is gulp-stylelint.…Now gulp-stylelint is a plugin that sits on top…of the existing stylelint that's already installed…in the project.…Remember in our project, under package.json…you already have stylelint installed…with a bunch of configurations, and those configurations…are set up in .stylelintrc.…So all we want to do here is get gulp to use this…installation of stylelint with these configurations…on our files.…
And that's exactly what gulp-stylelint does.…So the first thing I need to do is install it.…That's done from the command line,…I simply say npm install gulp-stylint save dev.…And while that installs in my project we can look at…how to set this up.…On the NPM and Gethub pages you'll find explanations…of how to use gulp-stylelint in your processes.…So here we first have a quick starting sample…and you can see exactly how this works.…We call in gulp-stylelint with whatever name…
- CSS optimization
- Refactoring many stylesheets
- Structuring CSS
- Reordering properties automatically
- Fixing errors
- Ignoring warnings
- Auditing stylesheets with Chrome
- Quarantining unused code
- Modularizing CSS
- Using task runners
- Optimizing CSS for delivery
Skill Level Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susywith Carrie Dils2h 59m Intermediate
1. Refactoring CSS: The Theory
2. CSS Refactoring Tools
3. CSS Refactoring: A Practical Example
4. Automating Refactoring Using Task Runners
Other tools for refactoring1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.