Join Laurie Burruss for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting an image, part of Creating a CSS Style Guide: Hands-On Training.
- View Offline
So let's start designing our page, inserting images, marking up our text, and…then eventually we will start adding styles. I have given myself a text…reminder that at the top of the page I would like to place a header image.…Let's select those two words, and what I would like to show you are three ways…in which we can insert images inside of Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver can do…everything two or three ways and I won't show all the ways all the time, but in…this case it's kind of fun to see how we can put images in and out of our document.…If you would like to see all the ways you can accomplish tasks inside of…Dreamweaver, see the Essential Training titles.…
Let's move down to the bottom right, to our Files panel, and you can see that…we have several other tabs down here. Let's click on the Assets tab. You will…see that there are a lot of different kinds of files that we can preview, but…what we want to see right now are images. Whenever you see the Tree icon on a…tool, that indicates that it has something to do with images inside of Dreamweaver.…
Download the exercise files from the Exercise Files tab.
- Planning a site from a blank file
- Creating and editing a style guide with just HTML
- Using the Property Inspector for text markup
- Inserting images, tables, and footers for a custom look
- Creating and editing an external CSS style sheet
- Building a custom color palette for a site
- Testing web pages in various browsers
- Styling tips for professional sites