Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving the testimonial section, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] At this point our page is looking pretty much…like I want it except for this testimonials section.…We need to clean that up, and to do that…we're going to use a combination of the media queries…that we've already looked at,…and I'm going to show you a couple of new Sass mixins.…So, let's go ahead and head back to our code editor,…and open up our layout partial.…I'm going to start at the bottom here.…Let's head over to index.html, and just double-check…the class that we're looking for.…
We've got the section with the testimonials class,…and then each individual testimonial…has a class of testimonial.…So, we'll use that.…Currently our testimonials are spanning the full…12 columns 'cause we haven't said to do any differently.…In this case I actually only want to span six columns.…
If we look at our page, this is nothing new.…Now we can see that our content is spanning six columns.…But, I actually want this to be in the middle.…So, in other words, I want three columns over here,…then my testimonials in the middle,…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.